I was originally memed by my friend Linda Davis… so I responded with my meme inserted in the comments of Jays enormously popular post .
My friend Teri Isner then was nice enough to meme me… and then Bonnie Erickson & Kay Van Kampen!
So I’m having a chat with my bud (the most awesome loan guy) Jeff Belonger (the g is pronounced like the first g in George) and he wants to know why I didn’t post my meme where people could comment on it. So I did, but I inadvertantly made it a members only post on Active Rain.. I am reposting it here for any that might be interested.
I’m going to include my original meme and add to it for Teri, Bonnie and Kay… since I didn’t do it the right way the first time.
The Original Post:
I named, and they complied:
Kristal Kraft, Ann Cummings & Elaine Reese – Thanks!
1. I got my first real job at the age of 11 delivering Chinese food for a Rush street restaurant called The Cantonese by bicycle (including in the snow) I always had a job after that.
2. I was an only child for most of my life, raised by my mom because my father passed away when I was a baby. I’ve always been one to keep busy. Somehow I inherited the job of getting the groceries early in life and to this day I still love to do the grocery shopping…. all of it. So, yes that’s me at the store and if it’s after midnight it means that I am so busy with Real Estate that it’s the only time I can get it done. In my teens my Mom married my best friends Dad, while they were only married for a few years Tom and I still consider each other brothers.
3. I have a fear of speaking in groups and frequently can get tongue tied… this would not normally be too bad but I will occasionally sit on panels or make presentations to large groups… it’s gone from a major near-heart attack kind of overwhelming fear to a simple heart racing dumbstruck kind of fear. Some of you have been able to witness this… usually I muddle through because it is a requirement to share in some of the groups that I have been fortunate enough to be invited to join.
4. I love to read. I’ll read the self help books and how to’s… but I really love to read novels… lot’s of them, 1-2 per week… usually intrigue, mystery, action, political/legal/financial thrillers… in my younger, less busy days… I would read a book every 1-2 days.
5. At the age of 9, Bobby Schuller broke off pieces of chalk in the locker doors (where you could put a lock, if we were allowed) in the Hall at my elementary school… then told my fourth grade teacher that I did it. I had just (finally) earned the right to be a “door guard” and she took it away from me. I haven’t trusted authority since. (not that I hold a grudge or anything)
The new stuff:
6. I thought I was Scottish… My name is Angus, I could quote Robert Burns (A fig for those by laws protected…) at 5 and they made me wear a kilt and for goodness sakes… I ate Haggis … isn’t that a lot of suffering for someone that just has a Scottish name? My Grandfather (Angus) was named after his Doctor (Angus Beaton)… which I discovered upon his death when I flew to Connecticut to pick up his ashes and drive them to Concord, New Hampshire…. where I met a lot of family that I didn’t know. The Woodbury’s have been here since the 1600′s and we are all related through the 2 brothers that got off the boat (from England)
7. In the mid 90′s when I built my first site and submitted it to Yahoo, they told me it might be days or weeks before it would show… but I had impulse control problems and checked frequently… finally the new listing for Angus Woodbury showed up, I clicked the link and it took me to another new site by another Angus Woodbury III.. go figure. His branch of the family came from the “other” brother. We exchanged e-mails for a while.. my oldest Angus the 4th was enthralled… so we asked him if the kids had come up with some of the same nicknames. His list was very much the same as ours.
8. I run 4 miles three days a week and lift weights on alternating days… my body fat hovers at around 10%… as an ex-smoker I am in better shape today than at any other time of my life. But I still like greasy fried foods. edit: (Quick update… my knees don’t like me running anymore, so I compensate)
9. I love Thai food! (see my new review of Montri Thai on Yelp!)
10. I was born in Seattle, moved to New York (Manhattan and Rye) and Connecticut (Byram) before settling in Chicago at the ripe age of 6. I was mugged by a couple of other 7-8 year old boys within 2 months of moving to the city.
Bonus #11 I love being in the real estate business. I can’t even begin to express my gratitude that I found something to do that I enjoy so much.